“The Market Is Flooded With Talent; Is There Room For Me?”
27th August 2020
In a crowded marketplace it’s hard to stand out, so get focused, and get real.
– Make that CV / folio / site sharp. If you are not working, you have no excuse.
– Ensure that your LinkedIn profile is on point.
– A client doesn’t need to see your personal social profiles, so keep them private.
– Realise that you will need to apply continuously in this market, often before you even get a nibble.
– Don’t expect a response all the time.
– Don’t look to the past. I’ve spoken to enough people who have said “I used to get paid…”
– Be realistic. Both in title, salary, and opportunity.
– Be flexible. If you can travel further to work, or take a pay cut, do it. It’s short-term pain for long-term gain.
– Stay positive. Easier said than done I know, but no one wants to engage with an aggressive, frustrated applicant.
– Practice makes perfect. Practice interview techniques, and career highlights so they become second nature.
– Treat everyone with respect.
Adam Michael Toctan