The Days of Virtual Hiring are Here to Stay
7th August 2020
You’ve selected the best person for the job, and now, you need to get them acclimated to your company, virtually.
We have had many people who we secured jobs for this year start, virtually, here is what we think works best:
– Have a virtual “welcoming” event: Here, your candidate can meet the team, connect and learn more about the company’s vision and goals.
– Assign a virtual mentor: Stats have shown that companies have higher retention rates when they connect employees with mentors.
– Have a digital knowledge base: There should be a digital location where your new hires can find company policy and HR-related information.
– Update on what needs their attention: Where should they start? What projects they need to address? Tell them how they fit into the company.
– Provide documentation: Ensure they have access to things like passwords, apps, and cloud-based docs.
– Onboarding should not be a one-day or one-week event. Some data has shown that effective onboarding should take six months to a year.
Virtual hiring practices due to COVID-19 are going to be a mainstay.
The quicker your team adjust to this landscape, the easier it will be to find the best fit for your current and future open positions.