7th August 2020
Easier said than done, I know. In this market those looking to secure work are finding it harder than ever. Here are my top tips to give you the best chance to succeed in your application.
– Perfect CV. No one wants a CV riddled with errors, spelling mistakes or waffle. 2 pages, nice and slick.
– Why you? What makes you unique, but also relevant for the role that you are applying for?
– Research. Research the role that you are applying for – if it has clear requirements that you MUST have, highlight them, but don’t be offended if you don’t make the cut.
– Online profile. Needs to be on-point. And yes, that goes for all forms of your social profile, not just LinkedIn.
– Don’t give up. Keep applying, messaging and reaching out – eventually someone will respond. Hiring managers are unlikely to be waiting for your email in this market.
– Choose your recruiter carefully. Work with an expert in your field. You wouldn’t ask a random man on the street to paint your house would you?
– Be flexible. It’s unlikely in this market you will be getting a 20% pay increase, so unless you are working within a high demand sector set realistic goals.
– Be open. The ideal job is unlikely to be out there in 2020, so be open minded about what is being presented.
Adam Michael Toctan