Something to Shout About!
29th October 2018
It’s hard for me to think that just over 2 years ago MCG& Group in APAC was a one man band setting up in Hong Kong. I’m proud to say that we are now 4 strong in Hong Kong, and have grown to 6 in Singapore. That’s no mean feat for a privately funded company working in a very demanding market. It’s a huge compliment to our team all over the globe and of course we couldn’t have done it without YOU!
So, let’s look back on some of the highlights of 2018 and see what 2019 has in store for MCG& Group!
- Singapore opens its doors in January 2018 led by Juan Diego, an MCG& stalwart. Jack Kidd joined fairly soon after from Dubai as a senior consultant before Justin McGuire and his family moved from Dubai to join the team in order to continue developing key relationships in SEA and representing the Groups offerings.
- In May Hong Kong moved to its very smart new WeWork offices in Wan Chai offering a better flavour of who we are as a business to both our team and clients & candidates alike.
- My personal involvement in Singapore has grown to a monthly trip capitalising on both existing and new relationships in SEA. This has proven key to growth in the region.
- Hong Kong had its best ever month in terms of billing back in April this year. We have come close to beating this a number of times since and will be aiming to exceed this figure very soon.
- Natalie Lau joined as a consultant in Hong Kong in July and has made an immediate impact. She will be focussing MCG&Co’s recruitment efforts around the world of digital marketing in Hong Kong and China.
- Remote working into China has shown us that this can be very successful, if planned the right way. Multiple trips are planned in 2019 to scope the market in greater detail with an aim to have MCG& Group representation on the ground in 2019.
- Spearheaded by Helen McGuire, Hopscotch’s success in MENA has been great. I’m delighted to say that Hopscotch APAC will officially launch and open its doors imminently in Singapore with our first internal hire being made this week. We are thrilled to have launch partners from the world of tech through to FMCG giants and agency powerhouses.
- Ampersand is developing nicely. After some great success in MENA, Europe and the USA, Ampersand has been steadily branching out into APAC with its first major project kicking off in Shanghai at the start of next year for a world class luxury Automotive brand.
- Singapore hired Pearlie Tan in October to help assist Juan Diego, Jack and Justin on day to day tasks as well as acting as first point of contact for the majority of candidates in Singapore.
- On a personal note I’m targeting being the top biller across the Group and am vying for this accolade alongside my compatriot Tom Watterson in Hong Kong – who will win? Watch this space!
It’s been a tough year. Blood, sweat and tears. When we look back at what’s been achieved in a relatively short space of time I think all of us at MCG& Group should be very proud of what’s been achieved, and what’s around the corner. Here’s to a great end to the year and a fantastic start to 2019!